Friday, January 06, 2006

A Short Bio.

I'm a computer scientist with entrepreneurial ambitions masquerading as an investment banker in New York. I graduated from MIT in 2005, after which I spent a couple months interning with Prodea, an "inventor capital" firm. I worked for IBM in the Extreme Blue rapid-prototyping program in 2004 and developed methods for helping electric utilities use smart meters and dynamic pricing to prevent power outages. I designed the first iteration of Creative Commons' ccMixter music-sharing service in 2003 with my friend Matt Drake. Before that, I was a software engineer for now-defunct indy music-vending startup Digizaar, a pilot program using micropayment technology. I also worked in MIT labs on telepresence and gene-sequencing projects.

I'm interested in the future of media, privacy in the era of online identity, and the evolving financial services industry. I'm also interested in delicious food, french bulldogs, and photography.

If you'd like to discuss any of the above, feel free to e-mail me at ispivey (at) alum (dot) mit (dot) edu. A detailed resumé is available on request (possibly).